This is custom heading element
Do you have drivers that are still using time cards?
Well, it might be time for you to integrate the use of some automation into your operational processes in order to determine some more accurate labor costs. When you have a GPS fleet tracking system, you will be privy to information such as the time when drivers arrive and leave job sites, the number of deliveries that your drivers are able to make throughout the day and the amount of time that the spend at each delivery location.
A GPS Fleet Management System makes it possible for you to tract e performance of each driver on whatever basis you want (although it is usually weekly or monthly). You also get alerted when there are any performances, and you’ll realize even lower overall labor costs.
Business owners and fleet managers are able to make use of GPS Fleet Management Systems in order to reduce labor costs. The following are some of the major means through which it can achieve that:
- Managers are able to know when drivers get to and leave job sites
- GPS Fleet Management is also able to reduce inaccurate hours that are reported by eliminating the need for paper timecards. GPS Fleet Management uses virtual timecards instead.
- GPS Fleet Management is able to address issues with the performance of drivers
- It automates the process of reporting drivers’ activities.
Recently, it has been discovered shared that the use of the GPS Fleet Tracking System was able to help business owners to reduce the amount of overtime that was paid by them to fleet technicians by about 10 percent. Also, they are able to document their billing time to their customers as all their labor charges and costs are being billed from portal to portal. This is effective as it will take away all the guesswork out of the equation, and it will be easy for customers to be sent trip reports by Email if they ever have any issues or questions with the billing schematic.
Also, another present issue is the fact that a lot of technicians are fond of reporting their work times incorrectly every week:
- When does the start time begin on a daily basis? Is it when the driver reaches the first stop? If it is, how is it possible to know when the driver arrives?
- Is the driver paid for his time either way?
- What if the driver decides to run a quick errand before heading home?
Thanks to the ever-increasing cost of operating and running the transport business, it is very essential for all business owners to find effective ways of cutting down on expenses in whatever way is possible. By making use of the GPS Fleet Tracking System, you will be able to increase the efficiency of your fleet, essential reducing labor costs and increasing the revenue that you get… all without having to reduce or lay off some employees!